Entry #2

Sneaker of The Year


2021 has been a terrific year for sneakers to say the least, with very controversial releases such as the Trophy Room Air Jordan 1 and underrated releases such as the  Nike Dunk Low "Michigan State". When it's coming to the end of every year, Complex always releases a top ten sneaker of the year article and many agree that this years list is one of, if not the most inaccurate list Complex has ever released.(https://www.complex.com/sneakers/best-sneakers-of-2021-so-far/)


Due to the COVID year, I myself can say, I didn't wear my sneakers because I wasn't really going out much for obvious reasons. Much of my sneakers are collecting dust in my closet so it was really hard to determine what I thought was the sneaker of the year and really see what silhouettes are better than others. What was also a factor was, a lot of the same brand modules such as the Jordan 1 and Nike Dunk Low/SB Dunk Low same out with so many of the same modules but different color ways in the past four months so that essentially makes the decision even harder. Some releases gained a lot of attraction as well with hype but ultimately let the community down as a whole, but at the end I think I have decided on my sneaker of the year. 


Jordan 1 "Bred Toe"



Jordan 1 "Obsidian"

 

As you can see from the two sneaker above, they are the same silhouette but different color way. Many of the sneakers that released were like that just different color ways but to me, there is one sneaker that pops out in my eyes. With that being said, I think the sneaker of the year would be the Jordan 3 "A Ma Maniere" the same as Complex. In my opinion, I think the collaboration between the French Brand and Jordan Brand, executed the color way and the module is a Jordan 3, there has not been many releases this year for the Jordan 3 and I believe it came out the way it was supposed too. I believe the Jordan 3 is one of the most underrated silhouettes to ever release and with the nice subtle colors such as the medium gray suede with a white tumbled leather upper. This will probably be the last collaboration between A Ma Maniere and Jordan Brand as the two hardly ever collaborate when it comes to sneakers. I know only three months remain in 2021 but I firmly believe my sneaker of the year isn't going to change. 


Jordan 3 "A Ma Maniere"




Comments